It's always good to share your thoughts with others: memories, experiences, creativity, ideas and much more has been documented in so m...

Cosplay Diary - Milestone Cosplay Diary - Milestone

Cosplay Diary - Milestone

Cosplay Diary - Milestone

It's always good to share your thoughts with others: memories, experiences, creativity, ideas and much more has been documented in so many ways by humans for so long culture has ever existed (and even before that). And every documentation has at least affected someone else in some way no matter in a big or small way.

That's why I realised it's important to share my thoughts from time to time my experiences with cosplay. Since cosplay all ready covers the examples I mentioned before: memories of staying up working on that tedious prop, the creative output required to create something from a simple idea and of course the experience to wear your costume and walk around in it in public. Cosplay is a hobby that brings all these togheter in a way that it could even be defined as art, I will go into this in further detail in an other essay in the future. None the less, what I'm trying to say is: Something so beautiful and fascinating as cosplay should be talked more about in a deeper meaning than glorious selfies or bad ass poses. These cosplay diaries will give you my experiences and perspectives.

Today, I will mainly focus on an important event that happened earlier this week: my very first solo photoshoot in a whole year.

We'll begin with looking at this picture, taken while we were preparing the shoot itself:

...The word "beautiful" perhaps pop up? :P

Or well, I can point to some flaws...like the lack of make up on the bald cap or the fact some pieces of the costume is missing. But there is something on this picture, that makes it wonderful to look at. Sadly, you can look at it all day but won't see it and only I know what the wonderful thing about this picture is. Cause you see: that day I didn't sleep well, had a bad day at work, had to stress abit to make it to the shoot AND struggled with a cold. But under that gasmask, made from worbla, rubber and plastic, there is the biggest smile I've had in a long time. That wonderful smile stuck with me even after the shoot was done.

After studying abroad and been busy with studies, that photoshoot was like a milestone...a reminder that right now I'm taking the steps towards a productive and creative life. How can't you help to smile when you realise you're finally free to create again?!

A man from Ancient Grecce once said that we humans strive to live forever, but can't since we are mortal. Therefore we find great joy in other ways to live forever, for an example in raising a family and know your own child is a part of you that will live on even after you're gone. He also mentioned that same can be said with art: a part of us exist in what we create, and it will live on.


...Can't help to think that he would even consider using cosplay as an example if he got the see the amazing things my friends have made! (...wonder if he ever considered cosplaying, or well, something similiar to cosplay during that time...maybe cosplay Zeus?)

Cosplay has been and can be many things for me. That day, it was a milestone.

What will it be next?